Benefits of cycling, For a healthy and fit lifestyle, you must exercise regularly. Regular exercise can to protect yourself from serious diseases like obesity, cancer, heart disease, depression, diabetes and arthritis. Bicycling often is among the best ways to decrease your chance of suffering from health problems that are a result of asedentary lifestyle.
Cycling is a safe activity that is low-impact and is suitable for individuals from all age groups, from infant youngsters to old age. It’s also enjoyable cheap, and is good for the environment.
Going on a bicycle to work or for shopping is among the most efficient ways to incorporate regular exercise into your daily routine. Around one billion people take bicycles each day to travel, for recreation and sports.
source : khabrein.info
Cycling for fitness and health
It is only about two to four hours each week to make a significant increase in your fitness. Cycling refers to:
- Low impact, it creates less injury and strain than other types of exercise.
- A great workout for your musclesCycling is a great way to work all your major muscles while you pedal.
- Simple – unlike other activities, cycling doesn’t require a lot of physical ability. The majority of people are able to cycle and, once you’ve learned it, you’ll never forget.
- Excellent for strength and staminaCycling increases stamina endurance and aerobic fitness.
- You can go as intense as you likeCycling can be performed with a very low intensity initially in the event of recovering from an injuries or illnesses However, it is possible to build into a more intense physical exercise.
- Fun way to stay fit- the adrenaline and energy you feel cycling down hills and being outside makes you more likely to to cycle on a regular basis, as opposed to other activities which keep you inside or require specific dates or times.
- Time-efficient – as a means of transportation, cycling substitutes the sedentary (sitting) times spent in motor vehicles or taking trams trains, buses or trains with fitness.
Benefits to health from regular cycling
Cycling is predominantly an aerobic exercise and that means your blood vessels, your heart and lungs are all getting exercise. You’ll be breathing deeper and sweat more, as well as experience a higher body temperature, which can increase your fitness levels overall.
The benefits to health of cycling regularly include:
- improved cardiovascular fitness
- greater muscular strength and greater muscle strength and
- increased joint mobility
- less stress levels
- Improved posture and coordination
- Bones that are strengthened
- reduced body fat levels
- Management or prevention of diseases
- less depression and anxiety.
Specific health issues related to cycling and cycling
Cycling is a great way to improve mental and physical health and reduce the risk of suffering from a variety of health issues.
Weight control and obesity
Cycling can be a great way to reduce or control weight since it increases the rate of metabolism, builds muscle mass and helps burn off body fat. If you’re looking to shed weight, it is essential to be in conjunction with a balanced eating regimen. Cycling is a pleasant way to exercise. You can alter the duration and intensity of your workout. It can be built slowly and adapted to your needs.
Research suggests that you must burn around 8,400 Kilojoules (about 2000 calories) each week via exercise. Cycling in steady pace burns around 1,200 Kilojoules (about 300 calories) per hour.
If you cycle two times each day, the kilojoules burned quickly will add up. British research suggests that a half-hour ride every day can burn five kilograms fat in one year.
The cardiovascular disease and cycling
The most common cardiovascular diseases are stroke or high blood pressure, as well as heart attacks. Cycling regularly increases the heart, lungs and circulation, decreasing your risk of suffering from cardiovascular illnesses.
Cycling improves the strength of your heart muscles, decreases resting pulses and lowers the amount of bloodfat in your body. The research also suggests that those who cycle to work are up to three times the exposure to pollutants than commuters in cars, which means their lung function improves. A Danish study carried out over 14 years and involving 30000 people between the ages of 20 and 93 found that cycling regularly protected them from heart diseases.
Cycling and cancer
Numerous researchers have investigated the connection with exercise, cancer and particularly breast and colon cancer. Studies have shown that if you ride you can reduce the chance of getting bowel cancer is decreased. A few studies suggest that cycling regularly reduces the risk of developing breast cancer.
Cycling and diabetes
The prevalence of Type 2 diabetes is rising and it is a major public health issue. Physical inactivity is believed to be the significant reason for people to develop the condition. Research conducted on a large scale in Finland discovered that those who cycled more than 30 minutes a day were at a 40% lower chance of getting diabetes.
Arthritis, bone injuries and cycling
Cycling can improve balance, strength and coordination. It also helps avoid fractures and falls. Cycling is a fantastic method of exercise for those who suffer from osteoarthritis as it’s an exercise that’s low impact that puts minimal stress on joints.
It is not a specific way to treat osteoporosis (bone-thinning disease) since it isn’t an exercise that involves weight bearing.
Cycling and mental illness
Mental health issues like anxiety, stress and depression can be improved by regular cycling. This is due to the benefits of exercise and due to the joy that riding a bike provide.
Cycling with hands and the health
Handcycles are similar to recumbent tricycles but they run on hands instead of pedals for feet. Velcro straps are a good option to attach hands to pedals, if needed.
This type of tricycle permits amputees, spinal injuries or recovering from specific conditions such as strokes to cycle for exercise and leisure. Hand cyclists can benefit from cardio and cardiovascular benefits that are similar to other cyclists.
Where can you get help?
- Your doctor
- Bicycle Network Victoria Tel. (03) 03376 8888 and 1-800-639-634 (for international callers)
Things to be remembered
- Cycling can keep you safe from serious illnesses like stroke, heart attack, certain diseases as well as depression, diabetes obesity, arthritis and diabetes.
- Cycling is enjoyable, healthy and is a low-impact type of fitness for people of all people of all ages.
- It is simple to incorporate cycling into your daily routines by cycling to the grocery store or to school, parks, or to work.
Read Also : Benefits Of Running: Running and jogging